FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE LASAGNA LAYERS:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups "CUP 4 CUP" flour (BEST GLUTEN FREE FLOUR) or use all purpose of not making this gluten free
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- mini chocolate chips-for decorating at the end
- Preheat oven to 350.Line two 9x13 pans with nonstick foil.
- In a mixer, combine dry ingredients.
- Add in the buttermilk, hot coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined 1-2 mins.
- Divide batter among pans and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
- Use a round biscuit cutter to cut circles for layering.
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING for LASAGNAS:
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- In the mixer, use whisk attachment and beat the heavy cream & powdered sugar. Beat on high to until stiff peaks have formed.
Place one cake round on a plate, pipe on some whipped cream. Repeat this until you reach the top. Decorate with mini chips, if desired.