Thursday, January 2, 2014

MY ABC MAGICAL HEALTH SMOOTHIE


Want to eat more cookies?  Drink a few smoothies a week and you can afford a few extra cookies!! hee hee

HERE ARE THE ABC'S TO MY SMOOTHIE

BERRIES- Loaded with antioxidants
BANANA- high in potassium
CINNAMON- lowers blood pressure
COCONUT OIL- great for skin, hair and nails....medium chain fats so it is GOOD for you!
PEANUT BUTTER- protein and fiber
PROTEIN- rebuilds muscle tissue
SPINACH - high in iron and b vitamins

This smoothie was created for me by my hubby.  He is a chiropractor and a wellness genius.  Dr. Oz better watch out!  You can check out my husband's Facebook page here.

Recipe:
In a blender, combine until smooth:
1 cup water
1/2 scoop Protein Powder (I use Vega)
1/2 banana
3/4 cups frozen wild blueberries (Costco sells them!)
1 Tablespoon Organic Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
handful baby spinach
(Optional: If I have strawberries, I throw in a few, too!  Can add some chia seeds, too!))

No comments:

Post a Comment