This dinner was AMAZING!!!! To make it gluten free, I used Scharr brand bread crumbs but you can certainly use regular bread crumbs if you're not gluten free. Use your favorite sauce-homemade or jarred. I used Market Pantry brand from Target and was shocked by how delish it was!!!!
Hugs & Cookies Meatball Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (excellent from Costco)
- 4 cloves garlic,minced
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used Scharr brand)
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese (I grated it from a 1/2 pound piece and used the rest to grate on top on the meatballs and sauce later)
- 2 eggs
- salt to taste
- Sauce of your choice (approx two 24-oz jars)
- Rest of the Manchego cheese to top it off with!
Pour some sauce in the bottom of your ceramic oven-safe dish. Lay meatballs on top of the sauce. Cover with more sauce and dress the top up with the extra manchego! Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 mins or until meatballs are cooked through (depending on size you make them.)
Serve this sauce and meatballs right over some spaghetti pie muffins!!!
TIP: This would freeze really well! Make an extra batch and freeze for a busy work night!!!