STEP 1: MAKE PIZZA DOUGH
2 cups "Cup 4 Cup" gluten free flour
1 tablespoon rapid rise instant yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup warm water (about 105 degrees F)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a mixer, beat flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. Add the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the water in a stream until a ball begins to form.
3. Place the ball of dough in a bowl that has been drizzled with olive oil. Turn the dough to coat it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour in a warm place.
4. After the dough has risen, press into a disk and park in the fridge until ready to use-at least 45-minutes.
5. Press dough into a parchment lined pizza pan. I used one with holes on the bottom for extra crispness! Build up the sides for the crust and thin out the center. Use a fork to make tiny holes on bottom and rub olive oil all over the crust. Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven in the pan for 10 minutes on a baking stone. Remove from the pan placing the pizza directly on the stone for 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven. Add pasta mixed with the sauce (recipe below) and shredded cheese. Return to the oven for about 7-10 minutes until the cheese is all melted.
crust recipe adapted from bon appetit
Alla Vodka Sauce
MELT 4T. BUTTER, ADD 1 CHOPPED ONION AND 6 CLOVES CHOPPED GARLIC. ADD 2 CANS CRUSHED TOMATOES (28 OUNCES), 1 C. HEAVY CREAM, 1/2 C. PARMESAN CHEESE, SALT/PEPPER. COOK 45 MINS ON A LOW SIMMER PARTIALLY COVERED.
MIX THE SAUCE WITH STORE BOUGHT PASTA OR HOMEMADE. IF MAKING GLUTEN FREE HOMEMADE, CLICK HERE FOR MY RECIPE!