Friday, February 24, 2012

GLAZED NUTS


YUP! YOU KNOW THE KIND! THE ONES YOU SMELL ROASTING AT ALL THE FAIRS! I AM SO EXCITED BECAUSE TODAY IS MY FIRST "FAN FAVORITES" POST!!!! THIS RECIPE WAS SENT TO ME BY KATHIE AND BOY IS IT A WINNER! TASTES EXACTLY LIKE THE TREATS HUBBY & I ENJOYED ON VACATION LAST WEEK! THANK YOU KATHIE!!!!

AND NOW A WORD FROM KATHIE aka - KATHIESKREATIONS...VISIT HER FACEBOOK PAGE AT http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kathieskreations/254252104603581
Several years ago while attending a county fair, this amazing aroma drew me over to a vendor who was selling these. Well, after tasting a sample, I said to myself, "Kathie, you can so make these!" Well, after playing around some, voila, heaven was created in my very own kitchen! I tried walnuts, pecans & almonds with pecans winning hands down! Everyone asks me to make these now.

AND NOW...THE RECIPE!!!!!!!!!!

CINNAMON ROASTED NUTS

(Like at fairs)

1 quart of whole pecans, almonds or walnuts

(Highest % of us like pecans best)

1 Egg White

1/2 c. Granulated Sugar

1 tsp. Cinnamon

1/4 tsp Nutmeg (optional)

Beat egg white until blended but still maintain a liquid form

Mix the nuts with the egg white coating thoroughly (I put this in a Tupperware container with a lid & shake well)

In separate container with a lid, mix sugar & cinnamon

Place nuts that have been coated in egg white into the cinnamon/sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly.

Spread onto parchment lined cookie sheets in a single layer

Bake at 300 for 25 minutes

Cool on the cookie sheets

Separate the nuts....they will be in a big cluster.

Store in airtight container

GREAT FOR THE HOLIDAYS AS GIFTS !!

No comments:

Post a Comment